Fairview & District Victim Services
Our Services are Free and Confidential. We're Here to Help.
What Kind Of Help Does Victim Services Provide?
Crisis Intervention: We provide effective crisis response to meet your immediate needs and reduce the stress and confusion you may be experiencing. Our short-term crisis intervention program offers practical help, some examples of which are:
- Assistance to call family or friends
- Information on what is happening and what will happen next
- Referral to other sources of immediate assistance
Information: You have the right to receive information about the Justice System and Victim Services
- To receive case specific information about the status and case file updates of the investigation, prosecution, sentencing and release of accused persons
- Information regarding charges and the criminal justice process
- Applying for restitution
- Provide doucments for victims to complete and submit a Victim Impact Statement
- Provide informational resource materials such as pamplets and brochures on a variety of incidents related to victims
- Help with completion of Financial Benefits Applications
- Crime prevention information
- Knowledgeable Victim Support Workers to support you
- Assistance for family members who have lost a loved one
Counselling and Community Agencies Referrals:
- Bereavement support
- Financial assistance
- Legal assistance
We are NOT a counselling Service, but we can guide you in the right direction to recieve any assistance you may require.
Court Support Services: During the investigation and court process, victims of crime can receive information from Victim Services about:
- Court orientation and preparation
- Court accompaniment
- Liaison with Crown and Police
- Criminal Justice System information
- Information about witness roles, and responsibilities
For Victims of Violence, Crime and Tragedy.
We're Here to Help.
We're Not Here to Judge. We're Here to Help.
No one should be alone in the time of crisis or trauma. One call is all it takes. A representative from Victim Services will be there with you right from the beginning, throughout the court process and after.
You don’t have to go through this alone.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM