Fairview & District Victim Services
Our Mission Statement
"Through our skilled staff and
“Fairview & District Victim Services strives to provide timely, supportive and practicle assistance.”
We Listen, We Can Help
Who We Are
The Fairview Victim Services Unit is a police-based victim outreach group which operates out of the Fairview RCMP Detachment. We help people affected by crime and tragedy with expert information, caring support and appropriate service agency referrals. We are there for you during the first hours of a crisis incident as police investigate and assist in navigating you throughout the criminal justice system.
Our Core Values
- Compassionate - We will provide our services in an empathetic and timely manner
- Accessible – We will ensure that the services and programs we offer and refer clients to be as accessible as possible.
- Confidential – We commit to maintaining a high degree of privacy for our clients and the information we are entrusted with.
- Respectful – We will be open and non judgmental, in our approach and interactions with our clients and community members.
- Accountable – We take pride in the work we do with our stakeholders, and we will be accountable for our actions, both individually and organizationally.
What We Do
The Fairview Victim Service Unit can provide crisis intervention services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our offices, however are NOT staffed around the clock.
For Emergency Police, Ambulance or Fire Services CALL 911.
As A Victim Of A Crime You Have The Right To:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect without discrimination by all justice personnel.
- Recieve information about the justice system and victim services.
- Recieve case specific information about the investigation, prosecution, sentencing and release of accused persons.
- Be given a reasonable opportunity to provide a victim impact statement to the courts.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM